Definition of distinguishing:
- special (part of speech: adjective)
- specializing (part of speech: verb)
- distinguishing (part of speech: verb)
- discriminating (part of speech: verb)
- "A New System; or, an Analysis of Antient Mythology. Volume II. (of VI.)", Jacob Bryant.
- "The Negro", W.E.B. Du Bois.
They often shock, though they never mean to offend: never attending either to the general character, or the particular distinguishing circumstances of the people to whom, or before whom they talk; whereas the knowledge of the world teaches one, that the very same things which are exceedingly right and proper in one company, time and place, are exceedingly absurd in others.- "Letters to His Son, 1753-1754", The Earl of Chesterfield.