Definition of intrude:
- The cause to enter or force a way, as into the crevices of rocks.
- To enter by force; to invade.
- To thrust one's self in; to come or go in without invitation, permission, or welcome; to encroach; to trespass; as, to intrude on families at unseasonable hours; to intrude on the lands of another.
- To thrust or force ( something) in or upon; especially, to force ( one's self) in without leave or welcome; as, to intrude one's presence into a conference; to intrude one's opinions upon another.
prise, nose, break in, burst out, horn in, chip in, join in, enter, arrive, overstep, muck, dig, cut in, chime in, get in on, interrupt, join, interlope, snoop, involve, get, pry, push out, obtrude, prod, take advantage, enter into, do, sin, mess, flare up, interfere, erupt, irrupt, get in, butt in, flare, scent, wind, thrust out, participate, lever, meddle, break open, draw in, intermeddle, come in, land, nuzzle, pound, trespass, thump, reach, transgress, sit in on, jab, impose, jimmy, take part (in something), engage in, appear, poke, prize, explode, stab.
- "All's for the Best", T. S. Arthur.
- "Calderon The Courtier A Tale", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "The Dwelling Place of Light, Complete", Winston Churchill Last Updated: March 5, 2009.