Definition of invitation:
letter, invited, motive, come-on, encouragement, bait, rhetorical question, proposition, inducement, invitational, seduction, call, card, warn, order, inveiglement, allurement, note, survey, bidding, poll, invite, reason, enticement, like, leading question, lure, ground, temptation, interrogation, questionnaire, attraction, pressure, suggestion, proposal, message.
- causes (part of speech: noun)
- offer (part of speech: noun)
- request (part of speech: noun)
- appeal (part of speech: noun)
- "The Man Upstairs and Other Stories", P. G. Wodehouse.
- "Ralestone Luck", Andre Norton.
- "Our Bessie", Rosa Nouchette Carey.