Definition of midland :
1. Being in the interior country; distant from the coast or seashore; as, midland towns or inhabitants.
2. Surrounded by the land; mediterranean.
3. The interior or central region of a country; - usually in the plural.
4. The interior part of a country.
- It seemed odd that he should have come to Atherstone, in the midland counties, " on his way" between two shooting visits in the north, but so it was. - "The Danvers Jewels, and Sir Charles Danvers", Mary Cholmondeley.
- For the Midland people, you mean? - "Fore!", Charles Emmett Van Loan.
- Here is that Midland Valley letter. - "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.