Definition of coast:
- The exterior line, limit, or border of a country; frontier border.
- The seashore, or land near it.
- The side of a thing.
- To conduct along a coast or river bank.
- To draw near to; to approach; to keep near, or by the side of.
- To draw or keep near; to approach.
- To sail by or near the shore.
- To sail by or near; to follow the coast line of.
- To sail from port to port in the same country.
- To slide down hill; to slide on a sled, upon snow or ice.
marge, move, bound, gliding, shoreline, slide, sloping trough, playground slide, seacoast, sailplaning, seashore, lantern slide, slideway, microscope slide, chute, soaring, sliding board, swoop, sea-coast, seaboard, strand, sailing, study at shore, glide, semivowel, drift.
- edge (part of speech: noun)
- land (part of speech: noun)
- "The Hilltop Boys on Lost Island", Cyril Burleigh.
- "Nurse Heatherdale's Story", Mary Louisa Molesworth.
- "Boy Scouts in a Submarine", G. Harvey Ralphson.