Definition of midst:
- Hence, figuratively, the condition of being surrounded or beset; the press; the burden; as, in the midst of official duties; in the midst of secular affairs.
- In the middle.
- In the midst of; amidst.
- The interior or central part or place; the middle; - used chiefly in the objective case after in; as, in the midst of the forest.
- "The Duke's Children", Anthony Trollope.
- "In the Mayor's Parlour", J. S. (Joseph Smith) Fletcher.
- "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.