Definition of originally :
1. At first; at the origin; at the time of formation or costruction; as, a book originally written by another hand.
2. In the original time, or in an original manner; primarily; from the beginning or origin; not by derivation, or imitation.
firstly (part of speech: adverb)
originally (part of speech: adverb)
genuinely, creatively, uniquely, prototypically
initially (part of speech: adverb)
- The competition between them cuts the prices lower and lower, till finally the consumers of the goods get all the benefit from the saving effected by the new machine, and the manufacturers' profits are no greater than they were originally. - "Monopolies and the People", Charles Whiting Baker.
- Originally it sprang in no small degree from natural causes. - "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)", Jefferson Davis.
- It meant originally a youth in the third of the six ages of man. - "The Ancient Irish Epic Tale TÃ¡in BÃ³ CÃºalnge", Unknown.