Definition of placate:
quench, assuage, pacify, gruntle, pour oil on troubled water, propitiate, make up, temper, mollify, accommodate, dulcify, settle, appease, season, ennoble, conciliate, palliate, lenify, stay, patch up, slake, sweeten, entitle, alleviate, gentle.
- calm (part of speech: verb)
- soothe (part of speech: verb)
- pacify (part of speech: verb)
- "The South American Republics Part I of II", Thomas C. Dawson.
- "Hebrew Life and Times", Harold B. Hunting.
- "The Abandoned Room", Wadsworth Camp.