Definition of racer :
1. One of the circular iron or steel rails on which the chassis of a heavy gun is turned.
2. One who, or that which, races, or contends in a race; esp., a race horse.
3. The common American black snake.
- Deep and even her paddle took the sweet waters and the current shot her forward like a racer. - "The Maid of the Whispering Hills", Vingie E. Roe.
- The annoyed racer swerved quickly to the right, but poor Jane once started could not stop, and would have fallen a scarlet heap in Dick Harding's path had not Pat, divining her intention, followed swiftly and grabbing her by the shoulder steered her in a sharp curve out of the way. - "Chicken Little Jane", Lily Munsell Ritchie.
- To a novel reading boy the position is one of instinct, like that of the bicycle racer. - "The Delicious Vice", Young E. Allison.