Definition of reptile:
- A groveling or very mean person.
- An animal that crawls, or moves on its belly, as snakes, or by means of small, short legs, as lizards, and the like.
- Creeping; moving on the belly, or by means of small and short legs.
- Hence: Groveling; low; vulgar; as, a reptile race or crew; reptile vices.
- One of the Reptilia, or one of the Amphibia.
- animal (part of speech: noun)
- reptile (part of speech: noun)
- "The Disowned, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "Jack Haydon's Quest", John Finnemore.
- "Journal of an African Cruiser", Horatio Bridge.