Definition of acquisition:
recovery, goods, merchandise, achievement, allowance, agency, do, accretion, big business, account, procuring, skill, booty, expenditure, erudition, loss, insight, profit, eruditeness, come-on, advanced, benefit, acquirement, education, feat, dividend, science, award, offering, winning, prize, scholarship, learnedness, blue chip, base, benefaction, consumer goods, round-up, donation, inheritance, assimilation, find, loss leader, asset, penalty, encyclopedism, agent, anchor, accession, flashcard, the biz, wares, gathering, effort, hothouse, fee, premium, income, retrieval, attainment, proceeds, product, encyclopaedism, affiliate, accomplishment, bundle, belonging, exercise, gift, exploratory, grant, obtainment, learning.
- addition (part of speech: noun)
- acquisition (part of speech: noun)
- capture (part of speech: noun)
- discovery (part of speech: noun)
- possession (part of speech: noun)
Fort de Seviere was none so strong that it could afford to look carelessly on the acquisition of five good men and hardy trappers, and, beside, somehow there was a pleasanter feeling to the warm spring air since they had arrived- a new sense of bustle and accomplishment.- "The Maid of the Whispering Hills", Vingie E. Roe.
- "Life and Work in Benares and Kumaon, 1839-1877", James Kennedy.
- "Vane of the Timberlands", Harold Bindloss.