Definition of affectionate :
1. Having affection or warm regard; loving; fond; as, an affectionate brother.
2. Kindly inclined; zealous.
3. Proceeding from affection; indicating love; tender; as, the affectionate care of a parent; affectionate countenance, message, language.
4. Strongly inclined; - with to.
favorable, sore, partial, accessible, cranky, raw, complaisant, kind, doting, quick, tippy, hearty, well-disposed, strong, ardent, sensitive, genial, social, affable, attitude, warm, untoughened, love, kindly, cordial, brotherly, crank, lovesome
friendly (part of speech: adjective)
loving (part of speech: adjective)
- Their eyes were fixed, affectionate and anxious, on his face. - "Christopher and Columbus", Countess Elizabeth Von Arnim.
- Nigel was a great deal more at home, though not more affectionate. - "Bird of Paradise", Ada Leverson.
- It was a kindly, affectionate tone, that made you not unhappy, but thoughtful. - "The Talkative Wig", Eliza Lee Follen.