Definition of affectionate:
brotherly, favorable, doting, sensitive, complaisant, affable, kindly, love, social, quick, strong, warm, cranky, partial, cordial, genial, fond, raw, caring, crank, untoughened, accessible, sore, well-disposed, loving, attitude, tender, ardent, tippy, lovesome, hearty, kind.
- friendly (part of speech: adjective)
- loving (part of speech: adjective)
- "Christopher and Columbus", Countess Elizabeth Von Arnim.
- "Bird of Paradise", Ada Leverson.
- "The Talkative Wig", Eliza Lee Follen.