Definition of append :
1. To add, as an accessory to the principal thing; to annex; as, notes appended to this chapter.
2. To hang or attach to, as by a string, so that the thing is suspended; as, a seal appended to a record; the inscription was appended to the column.
increase, tag on, bowdlerize, add together, make up, flip, supply, enlarge, hold on, contribute, impart, cater, put together, stick on, amplify, tot, join, add, alternate, hang on, cut, provide, bestow, delete, tack on, render, augment, persist, censor, join on, tote up, attach, annex, hold the line, hang in, ply, supplement, add on, set up, tally, cut down, sum, adapt, persevere, tot up, adjoin, flip-flop, furnish, lend, fasten, issue, condense, sum up, tack, fix, subjoin, total, tack together, interchange, bring, wear round, compress, add up, extend, baste, affix, piece, dramatize, summate, conjoin, switch, assemble, cast up
- He made it a rule never to append his name to any State paper without mastering its contents, and one of the palace guards brought in Sobieski before Alec had concluded his self imposed task. - "A Son of the Immortals", Louis Tracy.
- That this is true, we do solemnly bear witness, each for our own parts, thereof, and hereto append our names- Duncan MacAlpine. - "The Dew of Their Youth", S. R. Crockett.
- Dad added this hopefully, as if bound to append some redeeming trait to all her physical defects. - "The Flockmaster of Poison Creek", George W. Ogden.