Definition of bombard:
- A bombardment.
- A large drinking vessel or can, or a leather bottle, for carrying liquor or beer.
- A piece of heavy ordnance formerly used for throwing stones and other ponderous missiles. It was the earliest kind of cannon.
- Padded breeches.
- See Bombardo.
- To attack with bombards or with artillery; especially, to throw shells, hot shot, etc., at or into.
- "Further Foolishness", Stephen Leacock.
- "The Zeppelin's Passenger", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "London to Ladysmith via Pretoria", Winston Spencer Churchill.