Definition of complaisant:
kindly, indulgent, tender, neighborly, accommodative, favorable, accessible, sociable, fond, affectionate, social, brotherly, hearty, amicable, accommodating, obliging, help, companionable, well-disposed, loving, kind.
- cheerful (part of speech: adjective)
- passive (part of speech: adjective)
- servile (part of speech: adjective)
- obliging (part of speech: verb)
Mowbray thought the genial hour of dinner might probably be the most favourable for mentioning the invitation of Sir Gilbert and Lady Harrington to his sister and Miss Torrington; an idea which probably occurred to him in consequence of the remarkably well pleased and complaisant air visible on his stepfather's countenance as he took his place at the bottom of the table.- "The Vicar of Wrexhill", Mrs [Frances] Trollope.
- "Little Novels of Italy Madonna Of The Peach-Tree, Ippolita In The Hills, The Duchess Of Nona, Messer Cino And The Live Coal, The Judgment Of Borso", Maurice Henry Hewlett.
- "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance", Harriet Martineau.