Definition of husband:
- A cultivator; a tiller; a husbandman.
- A married man; a man who has a wife; - the correlative to wife.
- One who manages or directs with prudence and economy; a frugal person; an economist.
- The male head of a household; one who orders the economy of a family.
- The male of a pair of animals.
- To cultivate, as land; to till.
- To direct and manage with frugality; to use or employ to good purpose and the best advantage; to spend, apply, or use, with economy.
- To furnish with a husband.
head of the house, lord and master, keep up, man, goodman, polygynist, bigamist, bedmate, save, bridegroom, helpmate, breadwinner, consort, cuckold, old man, monogamist, commonlaw husband, hubby, the man of the house, provider, benedict, maintain, polygamist, preserve, economise, conserve, monogynist, groom, meal ticket, keep, married man, lord, economize, mate.
- "The Salamander", Owen Johnson.
- "Eugenie Grandet", Honore de Balzac.
- "The Associate Hermits", Frank R. Stockton.