Definition of generosity:
sympathy, almsgiving, unselfishness, give, freehandedness, big-heartedness, humanity, profusion, great-heartedness, bounty, benignity, generousness, lavishness, liberality, magnanimousness, greed, large-heartedness, unsparingness, kind-heartedness, kindliness, bounteousness, openhandedness.
- benevolence (part of speech: noun)
- largeness (part of speech: noun)
- philanthropy (part of speech: noun)
- generosity (part of speech: noun)
He then carefully folded up the paper, restored it to Mr. Brown, with a low bow, and said, " Excuse me, sir, I will not take advantage of your generosity; keep your parrot and other treasures for some more worthy person.- "The Disowned, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "Barren Honour: A Novel", George A. Lawrence.
- "A Set of Rogues", Frank Barrett.