Definition of sentiment:
- A sentence, or passage, considered as the expression of a thought; a maxim; a saying; a toast.
- A thought prompted by passion or feeling; a state of mind in view of some subject; feeling toward or respecting some person or thing; disposition prompting to action or expression.
- Hence, generally, a decision of the mind formed by deliberation or reasoning; thought; opinion; notion; judgment; as, to express one's sentiments on a subject.
- Sensibility; feeling; tender susceptibility.
judgment, sensitivity, persuasion, concept, mentation, survey, conceit, conception, sensibility, vox populi, thought, purpose, idea, viewpoint, purview, judgement, supposition, awareness, pattern, belief, affectivity, position, notion, opinion, sensitiveness, apprehension, fantasy, perspective, thinking, thought process, prospect, horizon, theory, legal opinion, cerebration, popular opinion, fancy, attitude, aspect, mind, archetype, ruling, sense, suasion, public opinion, image, impression, eyeshot, view, scene, feelings, conviction, intellection, ideal, panorama, model, design, vista, sight, plan, imagination.
- affection (part of speech: noun)
- emotion (part of speech: noun)
- "A Maker of History", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "Black Jack", Max Brand.
- "Linda Condon", Joseph Hergesheimer.