Definition of intemperately:
- drunkenly (part of speech: adverb)
- intemperately (part of speech: adverb)
- gluttonously (part of speech: adverb)
- "The Scottish Chiefs", Jane Porter.
- "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans", Clough, Arthur Hugh.
It was about midnight when Fifty's foreman, growing reckless with the passionate splendors of excitement, scuffled away with his flushed dotted muslin to a luxurious chintz sofa near one of the windows, and intemperately whispered in her ear, Miss Perkins, it were madness for me longer to conceal my insanity, and to remain silent would but render me speechless.- "The Orpheus C. Kerr Papers. Series 3", Robert H. Newell.