Definition of inviolable:
- Not capable of being broken or violated; as, an inviolable covenant, agreement, promise, or vow.
- Not violable; not susceptible of hurt, wound, or harm ( used with respect to either physical or moral damage); not susceptible of being profaned or corrupted; sacred; holy; as, inviolable honor or chastity; an inviolable shrine.
- Unviolated; uninjured; undefiled; uncorrupted.
unafraid, dependable, respected, hallowed, solid, rank, warm, unbreakable, bulletproof, secure, unshakable, enviable, unattackable, inalienable, substantial, stable, untroubled, absolute, right-down, unassailable, infrangible, sheer, potent, divine, permanent, praiseworthy, out-and-out, distinguished, untouchable, noteworthy, firm, inviolate, watertight, awe-inspiring, awesome, invulnerable, heroic, good, impregnable, conceptive, sacrosanct, downright, intact, unalienable, admirable, holy, inexpugnable, sacred, stiff, commendable, durable, hard, strong.
- "Slippy McGee, Sometimes Known as the Butterfly Man", Marie Conway Oemler.
I was penetrated with this instance of her regard, but, that I might not be outdone in generosity, resisted the bewitching temptation in consideration of her honour and interest; at the same time I presented my ring as a pledge of my inviolable attachment, and, on my knees, implored Heaven to shower its curses on my head, if ever my heart should entertain one thought unworthy of the passion I then avowed.- "The Adventures of Roderick Random", Tobias Smollett.
- "The New Germany", George Young.