Definition of vow:
- A solemn promise made to God, or to some deity; an act by which one consecrates or devotes himself, absolutely or conditionally, wholly or in part, for a longer or shorter time, to some act, service, or condition; a devotion of one's possessions; as, a baptismal vow; a vow of poverty.
- Specifically, a promise of fidelity; a pledge of love or affection; as, the marriage vow.
- To assert solemnly; to asseverate.
- To give, consecrate, or dedicate to God, or to some deity, by a solemn promise; to devote; to promise solemnly.
- To make a vow, or solemn promise.
ordinate, reprobation, adjuration, sanctify, ordain, word, devote, dedicate, ban, give, profane swearing, execration, imprecation, malediction, solemn word, guaranty, hallow, commit, consecrate, word of honor, denunciation, affidavit, warrant, anathema, blasphemy, blaspheming, plight, order, sworn statement, cursing, curse, profanity, bless, swearing.
- promise (part of speech: verb)
- "Iranian Influence on Moslem Literature, Part I", M. Inostranzev.
- "Lefty Locke Pitcher-Manager", Burt L. Standish.
- "The Ordinance of Covenanting", John Cunningham.