Definition of outsider :
1. A horse which is not a favorite in the betting.
2. A locksmith's pinchers for grasping the point of a key in the keyhole, to open a door from the outside when the key is inside.
3. One not belonging to the concern, institution, party, etc., spoken of; one disconnected in interest or feeling.
foreigner (part of speech: noun)
- The latter was an outsider, but they had heard great things of her. - "Garrison's Finish A Romance of the Race-Course", W. B. M. Ferguson.
- To an outsider it might have sounded like a cry of anger or pain. - "The Celestial Omnibus and other Stories", E. M. Forster.
- It is true that she did not need the testimony of any outsider to assure her of Napoleon's amiability. - "Napoleon's Young Neighbor", Helen Leah Reed.