Definition of quadruple :
1. four times the sum or number; a fourfold amount; as, to receive to quadruple of the amount in damages.
2. Fourfold; as, to make quadruple restitution; a quadruple alliance.
3. To be multiplied by four; to increase fourfold; to become four times as much.
4. To multiply by four; to increase fourfold; to double; to double twice.
quartette, declining, quatern, four-fold, gathering, add up, four, multiple, four-cycle, graduated, common factor, assess, quartet, quadripartite, biquadratic, reckon, determine, base, accumulative, common multiple, coefficient, arithmetic progression, four times as great, count, four-way, calculate, estimate, depleted, growing, down, four times as many, quad, quaternity, project, prove, cube root, Arabic numeral, cube, quaternary, quadruplet, tetrad, quaternion, foursome, constant, computation, exponential, quadruplex, four-part, four-ply, compute
quadruplicate (part of speech: adjective)
quadruplication (part of speech: noun)
- Probably in the workshops of Island X, a selected body of devoted workmen had constructed, one by one, the pieces of this marvelous machine, with its quadruple transformation. - "The Master of the World", Jules Verne.
- It became a quadruple Federation, owing to the adhesion of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick; but in a dual form it would have worked just as well. - "The Framework of Home Rule", Erskine Childers.
- I was much grieved that my stock of these holy books was exhausted, there being a great demand; and had I been able to supply them, quadruple the quantity might have been sold during the few days that I continued at Lugo. - "The Bible in Spain", George Borrow.