Definition of reflexive:
- Bending or turned backward; reflective; having respect to something past.
- Having for its direct object a pronoun which refers to the agent or subject as its antecedent; - said of certain verbs; as, the witness perjured himself; I bethought myself. Applied also to pronouns of this class; reciprocal; reflective.
- Implying censure.
arbitrary, imperative, involuntary, instinctive, coincidental, finite, accidental, reflex, ergative, automatic, causative, random, active, backward, intransitive, imperfect, continuous, impersonal, unintended, self-referent, reflexive pronoun, future, by accident.
- "Our Knowledge of the External World as a Field for Scientific Method in Philosophy", Bertrand Russell.
- "Greener Than You Think", Ward Moore.
- "Novelas Cortas", Pedro Antonio de Alarcón.