Definition of thorough :
1. A furrow between two ridges, to drain off the surface water.
2. Passing through or to the end; hence, complete; perfect; as, a thorough reformation; thorough work; a thorough translator; a thorough poet.
3. Passing through; as, thorough lights in a house.
radical, innate, downright, ingrained, dead, limited, native, staring, positive, unmitigated, full-dress, unbounded, unadulterated, accurate, unqualified, outright, circumstantial, damned, stark, everlasting, flat, crashing, consummate, primitive, perfect, minute, intensive, fundamental, flat-out, gross, blooming, plain, arrant, specific, unlimited, thoroughpaced, utter, unequivocal, exact, thoroughgoing, all-out, big, detailed, constitutional, pure, organic, natural, unrelieved, original, unreserved, extreme, essential, sodding, sheer, double-dyed, blow-by-blow
complete (part of speech: verb)
final, unabridged, plenary, accomplished, entire, sum, comprehensive, intact, exhaustive, solid, undivided, full, universal, uncut, collective, through, finished, total, all, absolute, whole, unified, out-and-out, integral, conclusive, complete, done, unsevered
vigilant (part of speech: adjective)
conscientious, mindful, meticulous, particular, guarded, responsible, finical, precise, observant, prudent, sharp-eyed, fastidious, vigilant, regardful, alert, provident, diligent, watchful, ready, exacting, cautious, attentive, scrupulous, strict, prepared, thoughtful, fussy, careful, heedful
resolute (part of speech: adjective)
faithful, deliberate, serious, staunch, willing, earnest, dauntless, hearty, constant, reliable, resolved, strong-willed, committed, bold, iron-willed, intent, headstrong, unwavering, unshakeable, inexorable, steely, persevering, loyal, courageous, unflinching, plucky, insistent, unbending, resolute, bullheaded, determined, unyielding, steadfast, ruthless, stubborn, tough, tireless, tenacious, relentless, steady, dedicated, set, stern, implacable, dogged, uncompromising, fearless, indomitable, decided, decisive, true, firm, strong-minded, persistent, zealous, valiant, devoted, indefatigable, unchangeable, spunky
- It ain't done thorough." - "Amarilly of Clothes-line Alley", Belle K. Maniates.
- Not after the most careful and thorough search? - "In the Mayor's Parlour", J. S. (Joseph Smith) Fletcher.
- It is, without question, the very best and most thorough work on the subject which has ever been presented to the public. - "Publisher's Advertising (1872)", Anonymous.