Definition of annals :
1. A periodic publication, containing records of discoveries, transactions of societies, etc.; as of Science.
2. A relation of events in chronological order, each event being recorded under the year in which it happened.
3. Historical records; chronicles; history.
4. The record of a single event or item.
story, words, art gallery, accession, card catalog, muniment, archives, archive, narration, autobiography, archivist, memoir, narrative, biography, bookmobile, carrel, happen, memorial, audience, chronological record, recital
list (part of speech: noun)
enumeration, notebook, log, inventory, invoice, treasury, scrapbook, ledger, chronicle, statement, recount, list, lexicon, cash book, dictionary, yearbook, bill, documentation, blank-book, index, logbook, menu, sum, thesaurus, check, table, history, workbook, diary, annual, repertory, roster, roll, record, detail, storybook, collection, scroll, registry, score, novel, schedule, album, summary, tally, docket, manifest, total, file, recording, journal, budget, store, tabulate, pad, census, account, calendar, itemization, register, book, waybill, catalog, daybook, count, bank-book, tablet, digest
lists (part of speech: noun)
files, tallies, calendars, registers, logbooks, censuses, budgets, daybooks, chronicles, registries, checks, diaries, novels, logs, counts, digests, rolls, indices, treasuries, thesauri, accounts, books, totals, invoices, storybooks, lists, statements, pads, ledgers, recordings, workbooks, histories, catalogs, bank books, sums, records, cash books, scores, scrapbooks, menus, dictionaries, inventories, schedules, journals, repertories, dockets, yearbooks, waybills, thesauruses, details, lexicons, bills, tables, manifests, scrolls, itemizations, albums, rosters, tablets, notebooks, collections, stores, annuals, summaries
- Probably never before in the annals of the struggle for political freedom had maidens found such a protection, invisible, sinister and complete. - "The Lion's Share", E. Arnold Bennett.
- You see that I have sounded you well enough to be a competent adviser in this delicate and important affair, to which the most famous events in the annals of diplomacy are not to be compared." - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- But every one around me is declaring that the play of both sides is magnificent, that the team work is perfection, and the head qualities displayed unique in the annals of the game. - "The Opinions of a Philosopher", Robert Grant.