Definition of year:
- Age, or old age; as, a man in years.
- The time in which any planet completes a revolution about the sun; as, the year of Jupiter or of Saturn.
- The time of the apparent revolution of the sun trough the ecliptic; the period occupied by the earth in making its revolution around the sun, called the astronomical year; also, a period more or less nearly agreeing with this, adopted by various nations as a measure of time, and called the civil year; as, the common lunar year of 354 days, still in use among the Mohammedans; the year of 360 days, etc. In common usage, the year consists of 365 days, and every fourth year ( called bissextile, or leap year) of 366 days, a day being added to February on that year, on account of the excess above 365 days ( see Bissextile).
old, wane, rise, grade, sink, epic, at, course of instruction, astronomical, senescence, leap, aeon, eon, B.C., division, biannual, tropical, academic, go in, months, B.C.E., academic year, sidereal, annual, aged, blue moon, chapter, age gap, long, under, distance, peer, form, date, socio-economic class, duration, lunar, course, twelvemonth, natural, agedness, hours, legal, go down, full moon, delay, continuum of days, block, youth, social class, stratum, wax, fiscal, 00s, equinoctial, vintage, school, countdown, c., course of study, A.D., elderliness, class, election, orbit, cycle, yr, b., age bracket, solar, biannual, senectitude, eternity, contemporary, calendar, category, come up, ages, family, light years, eclipse.
- "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland.
- "Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Big Woods", Laura Lee Hope.
- "Roosevelt in the Bad Lands", Hermann Hagedorn.