Definition of await:
- A waiting for; ambush; watch; watching; heed.
- To be in store for; to be ready or in waiting for; as, a glorious reward awaits the good.
- To wait ( on or upon).
- To wait for; to stay for; to expect. See Expect.
- To wait on, serve, or attend.
- To wait; to stay in waiting.
- To watch for; to look out for.
- To watch.
endure, bet, lodge, take care, reside, confront, look for, have a bun in the oven, bear, abide, appear, be in store for, hold back, see, front, depend, hold off, inhabit, figure on, attend, carry, reckon, stay, search, continue, wait, look, gestate, study atanticipate, tolerate, surprise, dwell, remain, tarry, count, rest, count on, bide, expect, seem, require, live, ask, sojourn, watch, face, waitress, calculate, stop.
- expect (part of speech: verb)
- hope (part of speech: verb)
- "The Boy Hunters", Captain Mayne Reid.
- "Manual Of Egyptian Archaeology And Guide To The Study Of Antiquities In Egypt", Gaston Camille Charles Maspero.
- "Here and Hereafter", Barry Pain.