Definition of elemental :
1. Pertaining to rudiments or first principles; rudimentary; elementary.
2. Pertaining to the elements, first principles, and primary ingredients, or to the four supposed elements of the material world; as, elemental air.
ultimate, chief, surface, inbred, inborn, constitutional, principal, connatural, indigenous, master, main, primitive, innate, natural, native, be, indwelling, start, uncomplicated, unproblematic, underlying, congenital
component (part of speech: adjective)
pure (part of speech: adjective)
basic, irreducible, blameless, angelic, primal, pure, aboriginal, immaculate, formative, primary, undiluted, purebred, basal, honorable, elementary, unadulterated, spotless, uncluttered, innocent, unsullied, undefiled, unblemished, essential, sinless, guiltless, simon-pure, stainless, monolithic, prime, nascent, faultless, austere, clear, stark, unadorned, white, unalloyed, virtuous, chaste, bare, decent, clean, atomic, untarnished, untainted, plain, indivisible, foundational, fundamental, simple
united (part of speech: adjective)
intrinsic (part of speech: adjective)
- There would always be the official historians of literature to take account of them as new, perplexing, elemental forces. - "Renée Mauperin", Edmond de Goncourt and Jules de Goncourt.
- The air was full of heartfelt grunts and sounds as of some one beating a rag carpet, and the language which floated to us was- well, elemental, to say the least. - "Fore!", Charles Emmett Van Loan.
- There surely must be such forces in himself, an elemental manhood which must justify itself. - "Masterman and Son", W. J. Dawson.