Definition of err:
- To deviate from the true course; to miss the thing aimed at.
- To deviate morally from the right way; to go astray, in a figurative sense; to do wrong; to sin.
- To miss intellectual truth; to fall into error; to mistake in judgment or opinion; to be mistaken.
- To offend, as by erring.
- To wander; to roam; to stray.
drop away, cast, swerve, correct, foul up, rove, slip one's mind, let down, stray, mess, trip up, transgress, offend, divagate, boob, digress, slue, vagabond, freewheel, go astray, drift, float, luxate, louse up, right, sneak, screw up, splay, slew, fall short, skid, deviate, approach, wander, mess up, steal, fumble, swan, fall, miscue, fall away, slip, range, diverge, roll, slide, be adrift, tramp, flub, sin, ramble, trespass, misidentify, dislocate, veer, depart, roam, slip up, drop off, miss, blow, mistake.
- "The Great Mogul", Louis Tracy.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "The Works of Aphra Behn, Vol. I (of 6)", Aphra Behn.