Definition of err :
1. To deviate from the true course; to miss the thing aimed at.
2. To deviate morally from the right way; to go astray, in a figurative sense; to do wrong; to sin.
3. To miss intellectual truth; to fall into error; to mistake in judgment or opinion; to be mistaken.
4. To offend, as by erring.
5. To wander; to roam; to stray.
luxate, sin, trespass, dislocate, misidentify, vagabond, digress, divagate, offend, stray, approach, slue, float, let down, sneak, louse up, tramp, slip up, roll, cast, correct, slew, range, transgress, right, be adrift, fall, rove, wander, drift, slide, fall away, veer, mess, deviate, skid, drop off, fall short, boob, miss, blow, splay, trip up, swerve, slip one's mind, foul up, fumble, drop away, depart, steal, miscue, mess up, go astray, flub, roam, ramble, diverge, mistake, swan, screw up, freewheel
err (part of speech: verb)
misjudge (part of speech: verb)
be mistaken, fail
- Perhaps I err in judging him thus harshly. - "The Great Mogul", Louis Tracy.
- " You err in the other direction," she remarked to Vernon. - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- Yet those who to others Faults are so severe, Are not so perfect, but themselves may err. - "The Works of Aphra Behn, Vol. I (of 6)", Aphra Behn.