Definition of infringe:
- To break, violate, or transgress some contract, rule, or law; to injure; to offend.
- To break; to violate; to transgress; to neglect to fulfill or obey; as, to infringe a law or contract.
- To encroach; to trespass; - followed by on or upon; as, to infringe upon the rights of another.
- To hinder; to destroy; as, to infringe efficacy; to infringe delight or power.
- "The Return of Peter Grimm", David Belasco Edited by Montrose J. Moses.
- "The Memoirs of Cardinal de Retz, Complete", Jean Francois Paul de Gondi, Cardinal de Retz.
- "The Institutes of Justinian", Caesar Flavius Justinian.