Definition of mall:
- A court of justice.
- A heavy blow.
- A large heavy wooden beetle; a mallet for driving anything with force; a maul.
- A place where justice is administered.
- A place where public meetings are held.
- A place where the game of mall was played. Hence: A public walk; a level shaded walk.
- An old game played with malls or mallets and balls. See Pall- mall.
- Formerly, among Teutonic nations, a meeting of the notables of a state for the transaction of public business, such meeting being a modification of the ancient popular assembly.
- To beat with a mall; to beat with something heavy; to bruise; to maul.
lane, middle, centre of attention, substance, saunter, shopping centre, perambulation, core, gist, park, pith, shopping center, midpoint, essence, shopping mall, market, eye, road, mart, center, nerve center, sum, centre, lawn, heart and soul, heart, marrow, court, piazza, centerfield, place, plaza, promenade, stroll, snapper, nerve centre, nub, nitty-gritty, amble, meat, center field, inwardness, prom, walk, center of attention, kernel.
- "Somebody's Little Girl", Martha Young.
- "The Shagganappi", E. Pauline Johnson.
Ever since the night when he had stood outside the War Office in Pall Mall, and Harry Feversham had touched him on the arm and had spoken out his despair, Lieutenant Sutch had been oppressed with a sense of guilt.- "The Four Feathers", A. E. W. Mason.