Definition of prolong:
hold out, strain, outstretch, aspirate, keep up, exsert, offer, protract, go, substantiate, gallop, hold, get, confirm, suck out, keep abreast, extract, nourish, suffer, pass, defer, corroborate, stretch forth, follow, reach out, conserve, spin out, procrastinate, sustain, carry, preserve, support, broaden, hold over, drag, educe, evoke, postpone, stretch out, poke out, run, lead, elicit, put out, increase, produce, delay, nurture, have, extend, long, keep, prolongate, unfold, pull out, hold up, take out, eke out, string out, pull up, affirm, cover, pull, widen, draw out, prolongation, drag out.
- continue (part of speech: verb)
- extend (part of speech: verb)
- lengthen (part of speech: verb)
- endure (part of speech: verb)
- "The World's Greatest Books, Vol III", Arthur Mee and J.A. Hammerton, Eds..
- "Seed Thoughts for Singers", Frank Herbert Tubbs.
- "H. R.", Edwin Lefevre.