Definition of respective :
1. Fitted to awaken respect.
2. Looking towardl having reference to; relative, not absolute; as, the respective connections of society.
3. Noticing with attention; hence, careful; wary; considerate.
4. Relating to particular persons or things, each to each; particular; own; as, they returned to their respective places of abode.
5. Rendering respect; respectful; regardful.
- We both of us, in fact, owed a very great deal to our respective fathers, and it was a real pleasure and guide to me to be introduced later to your father and home at Sutton Court- as I know it was to you to get to know and appreciate my father. - "The Adventure of Living", John St. Loe Strachey.
- In former times also there were marked differences in the grade of civilization and the condition of the arts in different countries, which still further modified their respective powers in the production of wealth. - "Equality", Edward Bellamy.
- A meeting of representatives from the respective Associations and companies interested accordingly was held in the offices of the Saskatchewan Co- Operative Elevator Company at Regina. - "Deep Furrows", Hopkins Moorhouse.