Definition of wasteful:
- Expending, or tending to expend, property, or that which is valuable, in a needless or useless manner; lavish; prodigal; as, a wasteful person; a wasteful disposition.
- Full of waste; destructive to property; ruinous; as, wasteful practices or negligence; wasteful expenses.
- Waste; desolate; unoccupied; untilled.
overgenerous, destructive, with money to burn, careless, liberal, careful, full-handed, unthrifty, out of bounds, without stint, inefficient, squandering, prodigal, extravagant, dissipated, excess, reckless, save, cavalier, uneconomic, spendthrift, pound-foolish, uneconomical, wild, improvident, easy come easy go, incontinent, profligate.
- "Korea's Fight for Freedom", F.A. McKenzie.
- "The Birth-Time of the World and Other Scientific Essays", J. (John) Joly.
- "The Parent's Assistant", Maria Edgeworth.