Definition of announcement:
detail, resolution, item, narration, notification, telegram, letter, cable, wire, contract, pronouncement, annunciation, exposition, prospectus, proclamation, knowledge, ban, survey, placard, resolve, tidings, declaration, leaflet, prediction, manifesto, decision, dictum, secret, poster, advice, flier, briefing, white paper, pamphlet, brochure, edict.
- disclosure (part of speech: noun)
- publication (part of speech: noun)
- news (part of speech: noun)
- "The Card, A Story Of Adventure In The Five Towns", Arnold Bennett.
- "The Man Who Staked the Stars", Charles Dye.
- "Last Words", Stephen Crane.