Definition of notice:
- A writing communicating information or warning.
- An announcement, often accompanied by comments or remarks; as, book notices; theatrical notices.
- Attention; respectful treatment; civility.
- Intelligence, by whatever means communicated; knowledge given or received; means of knowledge; express notification; announcement; warning.
- The act of noting, remarking, or observing; observation by the senses or intellect; cognizance; note.
- To observe; to see to mark; to take note of; to heed; to pay attention to.
- To show that one has observed; to take public note of; remark upon; to make comments on; to refer to; as, to notice a book.
- To treat with attention and civility; as, to notice strangers.
post horse, obtain, watching, flyer, bring out, watch, admit, newscast, nock, mailing, denounce, circuit board, board, exclusive, regain, celebrate, incur, carry, consent form, eyeshade, discover, call attention, keep, mind, sign, certificate, opinion, get, flier, keep an eye on, watch over, retrieve, label, lineup, banner headline, pecker, advice column, alarm bells, bill of fare, observation, annotate, carte, get wind, check, admonition, add-in, strike out, honoring, heads-up, tag, interval, comment, cross out, attain, signalize, recess, enlightenment, scorecard, expose, bill, announce, banknote, break, classified ad, heed, get hold, peak, happen, wag, presentment, poster, happen upon, newsworthy, stigmatize, halt, pock, pick out, beak, centerfold, criticism, cheesecake, byline, honour, declare, come across, let out, invoice, knowledge, key out, bank note, line up, bill poster, commemorate, noticeboard, identify, divulge, newsroom, observance, directory, find, punctuate, take note, memo, notification, card, words, intermission, recover, ceremonial, telling, red alert, reveal, disclose, cartoon, circuit card, ear, measure, follow, cooling-off period, eye, remark, examen, notify, concept statement, brand, do's and don'ts, apprisal, advert, honor, acknowledge, posting, recognize, key, spot, descry, identity card, name, scar, consciousness, wit, differentiate, distinguish, carte du jour, tick off, mark, feel, find out, light upon, strike off, note, visor, unwrap, critique, bulletin board, article, score, document, directive, government note, front-page, pick up, fall upon, rule, chance upon, billboard, ad, bump, abide by, ceremony, regard, respect, pause, set, pronouncement, intimation, no, blue book, maintain, pit, throwaway, banner, observe, admonishment, strike, annual report, give away, hear, communiqué, nib, get word, get a line, banker's bill, tell, espial, grade, see, mention, bill sticker, ceremonial occasion, reflection, dossier, find oneself, show, forewarning, come upon, delay, let on, ascertain, reflexion, bank bill, know, annunciation, learn, determine, early warning, advertency, charter, describe, neb, greenback, mark off, billhook, take down, cognizance, remonstrate, vizor, advertence, come up, calling card, cross off, check off, tick, witness, edict, visiting card, confidentiality agreement, chance, recognise, interruption, interlude, plaque, artwork, awareness, manifesto, broadsheet, gloss, stigmatise, batting order, discern, menu, headline-grabbing, current affairs, proclamation, declaration, placard, code red, receipt, broadside, point out, company report, detect, keep out, signalise, chance on, plug-in, encounter.
- attention (part of speech: noun)
- greet (part of speech: verb)
- alarm (part of speech: noun)
- news (part of speech: noun)
- warning (part of speech: noun)
- publication (part of speech: noun)
- "The Queen of Hearts", Wilkie Collins Last Updated: January 3, 2009.
- "Dear Brutus", J. M. Barrie.
- "The Stronger Influence", F.E. Mills Young.