Definition of arrival :
1. An approach.
2. The act of arriving, or coming; the act of reaching a place from a distance, whether by water ( as in its original sense) or by land.
3. The attainment or reaching of any object, by effort, or in natural course; as, our arrival at this conclusion was wholly unexpected.
4. The person or thing arriving or which has arrived; as, news brought by the last arrival.
reaching, guest, freight, mail, delegate, traveler, influx, newcomer, immigrant, passenger, start, entry, successfulness, tourist, reach, parcel, accession, thrive, shipment, departure, comer, stretch, visitor, enter, package, success, cargo, arriver, envoy
arrival (part of speech: noun)
coming, fulfillment, achievement, landing, reception, homecoming, attainment, entrance, touchdown, advent, debarkation, ingress, return, approach, landfall, welcome, appearance, accomplishment, destination
completion (part of speech: noun)
- You will find plenty of friends, on arrival." - "Command", William McFee.
- That was all that was said about Margaret's arrival. - "There was a King in Egypt", Norma Lorimer.
- Meanwhile, Mr. Dalmain and myself are particularly engaged just now, and must not be disturbed on any account, until the duchess's arrival. - "The Rosary", Florence L. Barclay.