Definition of aurora:
- A species of crowfoot.
- The aurora borealis or aurora australis ( northern or southern lights).
- The rise, dawn, or beginning.
- The rising light of the morning; the dawn of day; the redness of the sky just before the sun rises.
- The Roman personification of the dawn of day; the goddess of the morning. The poets represented her a rising out of the ocean, in a chariot, with rosy fingers dropping gentle dew.
Then this sappy, beardless representative of the rising generation that I met, that I used to be, with the Aurora- spirit, had the effrontery to ask me how it happened that a man had but one youth and then came age and infirmity, while a college, like a nation, seems under favorable administration to have a re- birth and a renewal of the vitality of youth twice or even thrice.- "Revisiting the Earth", James Langdon Hill.
The common people were greatly alarmed, for there had been a prediction that the world was coming to an end, and they thought the bright part of the Aurora was a piece of the moon that had already tumbled down!- "Personal Recollections, from Early Life to Old Age, of Mary Somerville", Mary Somerville.
- "The Burning Spear", John Galsworthy.