Definition of bulge :
1. A swelling, protuberant part; a bending outward, esp. when caused by pressure; as, a bulge in a wall.
2. The bilge of a vessel. See Bilge, 2.
3. The bilge or protuberant part of a cask.
4. To bilge, as a ship; to founder.
5. To swell or jut out; to bend outward, as a wall when it yields to pressure; to be protuberant; as, the wall bulges.
project, advantage, set forth, originate, rib, go, beetle, protuberate, over, projection, out, set off, intumescence, prominence, pour down, point, belt down, jump, toss off, puffiness, take up, startle, tumor, set about, protrude, turn up, turn out, superfluity, egress, commence, blow, go forth, come forth, growth, fall out, kill, jut, erupt, convexity, appear, come to the fore, vantage, study at projection, jut out, swelling, balloon, intumescency, bolt down, issue, show up, lead off, place, push through, sac, pop out, come out, drop, come on, bulk, superiority, bunching, overhang, stick out, come out of the closet, tumefaction, set out, hump, stand out, wart, begin, down, extrusion, step to the fore, start up, surface, knob, come in, nodule, drink down, excess, knot, outgrowth, horn, pop, lump, emerge, come forward, salience, initiate, upper hand, depart, dilation, appendage, sagging, pouch, convex, start out, get down, step up, inside track, ridge, take off, boss, egg, expulsion, embark on, flange, edge, bug out, get, protuberance, pop up, protrusion, bulb, gibbosity, distention, pocket, excrescence, gibbousness, bulge out, draw, nodulation, bagginess, part, salient, crop up, bump, bag, start, burst out, belly, break through, tuberosity, better, promontory, hummock, get going, step forward, jutting
- Phobar's hand clutched a bulge in his pocket. - "Raiders of the Universes", Donald Wandrei.
- At least, she describes it oddly, rather; she said it made the door bulge inwards from the next room, but not the door alone; the walls bulged or swayed as if a huge thing pressed against them from the other side. - "Four Weird Tales", Algernon Blackwood.
- As his eyes fell on Milton, they began to bulge. - "The Enchanted Canyon", HonorÃ© Willsie Morrow.