Definition of clarify :
1. To glorify.
2. To grow clear or bright; to clear up.
3. To grow or become clear or transparent; to become free from feculent impurities, as wine or other liquid under clarification.
4. To make clear or bright by freeing from feculent matter; to defecate; to fine; - said of liquids, as wine or sirup.
5. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
crystallize, cleanse, brighten, crystalize, strain, light up, shed light on, finish off, define, get through, interpret, crystallise, mop up, enlighten, clear, sort out, polish off, wrap up, clear up, filter, straighten out, finish up, illustrate, crystalise, illuminate, clean
account (part of speech: verb)
simplify (part of speech: verb)
- That Martorell died before the work was published, and that Marti Joan de Galba may have made some additions before it was finally published, does not clarify the matter. - "The White Knight: Tirant lo Blanc", Joanot Martorell and Marti Johan d'Galba.
- I wanted to touch base with you, clarify the way that we were going to operate from now on." - "Super Man and the Bug Out", Cory Doctorow.
- Mr. Neeven asked, in his usual stern tones, which did not help to clarify Tom's understanding of his own position. - "Viking Boys", Jessie Margaret Edmondston Saxby.