Definition of coarseness:
everydayness, salt, salinity, vulgarism, expectedness, commonplaceness, granularity, vulgarness, vulgarity, nubbiness, bawdiness, scurrilousness, raunch, grossness, filth, smut, lewdness, tweediness, foulness, obscenity, dirtiness, commonality, harshness, filthiness, raunchiness, smuttiness, scurrility, dirty word, decent, profaneness, commonness, graininess.
- inelegance (part of speech: noun)
- discourtesy (part of speech: noun)
- roughness (part of speech: noun)
- texture (part of speech: noun)
vulgarity (part of speech: noun)
He was many years older than me- had seen a great deal of the world- had mixed much in its best societies, and, at that time, whatever was the grossierete of his mind, had little of the coarseness of manner which very soon afterwards distinguished him; evil communication works rapidly in its results.- "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009.
- "Child of Storm", H. Rider Haggard.
- "Masters of the Wheat-Lands", Harold Bindloss.