Definition of dereliction:
- dereliction (part of speech: noun)
- abandonment (part of speech: noun)
- neglect (part of speech: noun)
- relinquishment (part of speech: noun)
- renunciation (part of speech: noun)
- "Alice, or The Mysteries, Book II", Edward Bulwer Lytton.
You appear effeminate, I know that none are more daring- indolent, none are more actively ambitious- utterly selfish, and I know that no earthly interest could bribe you into meanness or injustice- no, nor even into a venial dereliction of principle.- "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009.
The long- pending claim of the owners of the ship Masonic for loss suffered through the admitted dereliction of the Spanish authorities in the Philippine Islands has been adjusted by arbitration and an indemnity awarded.- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.