Definition of tendency:
inclining, end, dip, like, drift, list, design, lean, purpose, tilt, object, partiality, intent, substance, intention, magnetic dip, aspiration, angle of inclination, endeavor, approach, cast, goal, style, purport, magnetic inclination, thrust, squint, turn, burden, disposal, mark, meaning, vogue, movement, angle of dip, determination, inclination of an orbit, aim.
- direction (part of speech: noun)
- susceptibility (part of speech: noun)
- tendency (part of speech: noun)
- habit (part of speech: noun)
- "The English Language", Robert Gordon Latham.
- "Contemporary American History, 1877-1913", Charles A. Beard.
- "Response in the Living and Non-Living", Jagadis Chunder Bose.