Definition of jingle:
- A correspondence of sound in rhymes, especially when the verse has little merit; hence, the verse itself.
- A rattling, clinking, or tinkling sound, as of little bells or pieces of metal.
- That which makes a jingling sound, as a rattle.
- To cause to give a sharp metallic sound as a little bell, or as coins shaken together; to tinkle.
- To rhyme or sound with a jingling effect.
- To sound with a fine, sharp, rattling, clinking, or tinkling sound; as, sleigh bells jingle.
poetry (part of speech: noun)