Definition of listing:
- of List
- The act or process of one who lists ( in any sense of the verb); as, the listing of a door; the listing of a stock at the Stock Exchange.
- The sapwood cut from the edge of a board.
- The selvedge of cloth; list.
- The throwing up of the soil into ridges, - a method adopted in the culture of beets and some garden crops.
listing (part of speech: verb)
Outside them showed the masts and fighting- tops of those which had sunk before reaching shore, and outside these again lay a score or so of battleships and a few armoured cruisers, some down by the head, some by the stern, and some listing badly to starboard or port- still afloat, and still with a little fight left in them, in spite of their gashed sides, torn decks, riddled topworks and smashed barbettes.- "The World Peril of 1910", George Griffith.
- "Four-Day Planet", Henry Beam Piper.
- "Joe Burke's Last Stand", John Moncure Wetterau.