Definition of packer :
1. A person whose business is to pack things; especially, one who packs food for preservation; as, a pork packer.
2. A ring of packing or a special device to render gas- tight and water- tight the space between the tubing and bore of an oil well.
- " The next season, as a drawing card, I had my packer carry on the side, in his name, a greatly advertised line of shoes. - "Tales of the Road", Charles N. Crewdson.
- Does one usually renew a chance acquaintance made with a packer in the bush? - "A Damaged Reputation", Harold Bindloss.
- A water- packer passed them one day with his mule plodding along under 40 gallons disposed in canvas bags on a wooden frame, and beyond, across the singing creek, they could see the swampers burning the brush they had cut from the pathway of the tree next to fall. - "Unexplored!", Allen Chaffee.