Definition of silvery :
1. Besprinkled or covered with silver.
2. Having the clear, musical tone of silver; soft and clear in sound; as, silvery voices; a silvery laugh.
3. Resembling, or having the luster of, silver; grayish white and lustrous; of a mild luster; bright.
gray (part of speech: adjective)
gloomy, ashen, grizzled, neutral-tint, mousy, mole-gray, dingy, leaden, pearl-gray, dapple-gray, battleship-gray, gray, smoky, dull, somber, iron-gray, salt-and-pepper, taupe, drab, dreary, gun metal, lead-gray
white (part of speech: adjective)
musical (part of speech: adjective)
- Shall we ever forget the azure sky, the gleaming yellow and white of the birch, the green meadows, the silvery flashing of the happy streams, or the bright green and blue of far lakes? - "See America First", Orville O. Hiestand.
- And she uttered a sudden silvery laugh. - "The Burning Spear", John Galsworthy.
- At the head of the table sat an old lady with silvery- white hair and proud and fine features. - "Macleod of Dare", William Black.