Definition of hue :
1. A predominant shade in a composition of primary colors; a primary color modified by combination with others.
2. A shouting or vociferation.
3. Color or shade of color; tint; dye.
color (part of speech: noun)
- Each hour a different hue comes upon its surface, but the depth is there. - "Dawn", Mrs. Harriet A. Adams.
- A strange, startled look flashed across the physician's face, sweeping off its ruddy hue, and though his smile returned on the instant, it was as though forced back. - "Dreamers of the Ghetto", I. Zangwill.
- Sure enough she saw land ahead, and it lay low down on the water, but she deemed from the first that it was green of hue, and as she neared it she saw that it was verily as green as emerald. - "The Water of the Wondrous Isles", William Morris.