Definition of sip:
- A small draught taken with the lips; a slight taste.
- See Seep.
- The act of sipping; the taking of a liquid with the lips.
- To draw into the mouth; to suck up; as, a bee sips nectar from the flowers.
- To drink a small quantity; to take a fluid with the lips; to take a sip or sips of something.
- To drink or imbibe in small quantities; especially, to take in with the lips in small quantities, as a liquid; as, to sip tea.
- To taste the liquor of; to drink out of.
- "The Egyptian Cat Mystery", Harold Leland Goodwin.
- "A Tale of the Summer Holidays", G. Mockler.
Mr. Stevens remained quiet for a few moments, whilst his ragged visitor continued to leisurely sip his brandy and contemplate the soles of his boots as they were reflected in the mirror above- they were a sorry pair of boots, and looked as if there would soon be a general outbreak of his toes- so thin and dilapidated did the soles appear.- "The Garies and Their Friends", Frank J. Webb.